Choose to study in the metropolitan beach city of Barcelona!
Barcelona´s beautiful coast coupled with its unique and quirky architecture of Antoni Gaudi throughout the Catalonian city make this destination a top pick for students. This modern European city is a hodgepodge of many cultures and is a leading center for economic, trade, tourist, commerce, education, and entertainment. Weekend trips to the Costa Brava, Tarragones, Sitges, and the Pyrenees mountains leave students’ obligation to return home quite difficult.
Fun Facts about Barcelona
- 7th most populous urban area the European Union with over 4.7 million people
- Barcelona´s name comes from Carthaginian colonel Hamilcar Barca who founded the city in the 3rd century.
- Barcelona is Europe’s largest metropolis on the Mediterranean coast
- Fiestas de la Mercè is the most important festival in Barcelona
- The Sagrada Familia has taken longer to build than the Great Pyramids.
- Barcelona has 12 abandoned metro stations, and they are haunted!