CHOOSE TO STUDY IN A BUSTLILNG METROPOLITAN CITY!
As the capital of Spain, this vibrant cosmopolitan city is home to the royal family with a history that dates back to the Hapsburg Dynasty. Surrounded by important government municipalities, multinational headquarters and banking enterprises, Madrid is the perfect location for international business. In addition, the vibrant city is known for its popular nightlife as a city that never sleeps!
Fun Facts about Madrid
- Population of 3.2 million people.
- Madrid has the 2nd largest European Metro system in the world.
- The Madrid-Barajas Airport is the 10th largest airport in the world.
- Madrid enjoys on average 250 days of sun, more than almost any other European city!
- There are very few Spaniards who are true Madrileños but those can prove that their grandparents on both sides are from Madrid are referred to as ¨Gatos¨ (cats) originating from an Arabic legend.
- The statue of the bear eating berries off of a modroño tree in La Puerta del Sol is Madrid´s official symbol that represent´s the city´s growth. It is a metaphor referring to the possession and ownership of wood in order to construct buildings necessary to build a community.